Information, advice and resources for NEU Cymru members.
Our members are clear, learning needs to be fair and equitable for all, and to achieve this, we need an education system that can support every learner so that they can achieve their full potential.
Children and young people have had a difficult year. If the pandemic has shown us anything,
it is that inequality exists in our society. Our education must do everything it can to support children and young people in their learning.
There are a number of ways of ensuring that this becomes a reality, and these include sufficient funding, workforce training, support for learners and staff, and having a coherent vision for post-16 education.
To fulfil this, the next Welsh Government needs to:
- Fully fund our education system.
- Fully fund the new Curriculum and Additional Learning Needs Reform, including training for the profession.
- End National testing / assessments and have a “National Conversation” about a fair exam system.
- Support mental well-being for all children and young people.
- Ensure a coherent vision for everyone in post-16.
NEU Cymru's priorities and key asks of the Welsh government (in English and Welsh).
NEU Cymru want the Welsh Government to reduce the cost of going to school and college.
NEU Cymru want the Welsh Government to support the education workforce.