This autumn term the NEU is campaigning for pay progression for all staff, read more about pay progression here.
In light of the amazing collective effort of teachers and other education staff during COVID-19, we are campaigning to make sure that all education staff get the pay increases they deserve. We want eligible staff to receive pay progression in addition to the pay increases due for 2020-21.
- Automatic progression for all
- National pay increases for all
- Nationally agreed pay scales for all
What should have happened to my pay in September?
How to win on pay
Organise a meeting of members to discuss our pay campaign.
Watch and share our campaign video on what should’ve happened to your pay this September.
Download and use our pay campaign resources in your workplace.
Raise our pay campaign aims with your headteacher.
Discuss your headteacher’s response with members and decide your next steps.
If you need support, contact your branch secretary.
Pay campaign resources
We have produced resources for you to download and use in your pay campaign in your workplace -
- Campaign reps guide
- Fair pay for all workplace poster - Download and print our fair pay for all campaign poster for your workplace
- Letter to all headteachers and local authorities - Download and read our letter sent to all headteachers and local authorities in England about our campaign for fair pay for all.
- Model letter for reps - Download, edit and send our model letter to your headteacher.
- Model letter for branch secretaries - Download, edit and send our model letter to your local authority.
Guide for National Education Union workplace representatives and members
Download and print our fair pay for all campaign poster for your workplace
Download and read our letter sent to all headteachers and local authorities in England about our campaign for fair pay for all.
Advice and guidance
The NEU has produced a range of information and advice on teacher pay issues. As well as advice on the annual cost of living award, there is an NEU pay toolkit to help you with specific issues such as securing pay progression, appealing against adverse pay decisions and winning a supportive school pay policy.
This autumn term the NEU is campaigning for implementation of the national pay increase and to ensure employers are using the national pay scales. Read more about your pay increase here.
Pay scales information on the advisory pay points for the Main Pay Range and Upper Pay Range, and the Leadership Group Pay Range recommended for 1 September 2020.
Want more help or advice on how to win on pay at your workplace?
Your first point of contact for advice and support from the union should be your National Education Union workplace representative.
If you don't know who that is, contact your branch or district. You can get contact details by telling us which local authority you work in: