What is the NEU Trust Fund?
The NEU Trust Fund Limited gives confidential support and financial assistance. The Fund is there to assist members in times of illness or hardship. It can provide assistance to current members, former members and their dependants.
How can I help?
By donating £3 a year through your NEU subscription. Please tick the box on your NEU application or renewal form to donate to the Trust Fund to help us to support members in need. Alternatively, contact the membership team on 0345 811 8111 or [email protected].
Who is eligible to apply?
The Trust Fund can support current and former members of the NEU (and its legacy organisations) and their dependents (living in the household). Student members are not eligible to apply. Applicants should usually have been in full paying membership for at least 6 months.
How do you apply to the NEU Trust Fund?
Members as well as former members and dependents can apply by
• emailing the Trust Fund at [email protected] and requesting an application form or
• writing to us at
The NEU Trust Fund, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD
and a copy can be posted to you.
What is the process for awarding grants?
An application form must be completed and bank statements for all accounts held by anyone who contributes to the running of the household submitted before a grant can be considered. Grants cannot be approved either by phone or without the trustees carefully considering a request for financial assistance. The application form and bank statements are checked for details of income/expenditure/savings/employment details/ household dependents and non-dependents.
What types of financial assistance can the Trust Fund provide?
Support is normally available when the household income (this is from all who contribute to the running of the household) is less than essential household expenditure. This may be due to an increase in general living expenses arising through illness, loss of employment, or relationship breakdowns. Savings will also be taken into consideration.
Awards can be
- A one-off payment
- disability equipment,
- repairs and adaptations,
- white and brown goods replacements,
- vehicle adaptations or repairs,
- personal expenses (travels to hospital for frequent appointments as an example),
- short term respite care
- Book grants for dependent in full time or part time FE/HE
- Support can also be a monthly contribution towards household expenses because of the difficulties you are experiencing, this will be for a fixed period of time.
- There may also be support for funeral expenses to supplement any Government funding.