Collective bargaining will typically cover:
- terms and conditions of employment (pay, hours and holidays).
- discipline and grievance matters.
- health and safety.
- allocation of work and redundancy.
This list is not exhaustive and other areas may be covered. For example. it often extends to cover professional development and change management.
Does my employer recognise NEU?
NEU is recognised in the vast majority of schools and colleges, including:
- all maintained schools, sixth-form colleges and academies.
- the majority FE colleges.
- over 160 independent schools.
However, in maintained schools (including academies), NEU is not recognised to bargain collectively on behalf of support staff, though we are entitled to represent individually those who choose to join NEU. If you are not sure whether NEU is recognised in your workplace, please contact your branch secretary.