Protecting independent school teachers' pensions
We will support members opposing any proposal to remove teachers’ membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
Chair of Governors/Proprietor
NEU disclosure of financial information request
As staff representatives/As the recognised trade union, as a formal request under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 and ACAS Code of Practice, [delete as appropriate] …
… we are writing to request full disclosure of financial and other relevant information in respect of the collective consultation on the proposal to leave the TPS.
In order for there to be meaningful consultation, staff need detailed information to enable them to ask informed questions; examine the employer’s case; propose alternatives; and come to informed decisions.
We put the employer on notice that without full disclosure, we do not consider that meaningful consultation will have been undertaken.
We would be grateful if you could provide us with the following information:
- A copy of the full report that the employer considered before recommending the proposal to leave the TPS, including options, costings, and financial projections.
- Financial modelling, including costed alternatives, and TPS saving.
- Financial accounts for the current year, and the previous five years, identifying:
- Total income; total income from fees; & total income from all other sources.
- Total expenditure; total spent on staff costs; total spent on capital projects.
- Total reserves, this year, and past five years.
- Number of staff; teachers; and support staff for this year and the last five years.
- The percentage fee increase for the current year and the past five years.
- The percentage salary increase for this year and the past five years.
- Information on the alternatives considered for economies.
- Information on alternative sources of income/finance considered.
- Market research and assessment of the scope of fee increases.
- Any other information you consider helpful.