The National Education Union is the union for every education professional.
Middle leaders have a pivotal role implementing the school development strategy and teachers’ every day work. They are increasingly taking on greater responsibility, managing upwards and downwards, and working with diverse teams to successfully implement strategic education plans.
Coronavirus: remote learning
During the COVID-19 pandemic, middle leaders have found the time to work with their teams to figure out how to best make use of remote learning. They have ensured that students who do not have access to laptops and other equipment can continue to learn safely from home. Visit the NEU Remote Learning Hub which offers support and guidance to help you and your colleagues in delivering effective remote learning.
The NEU is here to support you in your role as a middle leader. In addition to all the main benefits of NEU membership such as workplace representation, legal support, and employment rights advice, middle leaders will also have access to:
- Bespoke CPD designed to meet the development needs of middle leaders
- Specialist support tailored to middle leaders
- Resources to develop an ethical leadership model in your school
- Webinars offering strategies in managing pupil behaviour and the needs of children and young people with SEND
- Campaigns that support fair pay for TLR and SEN-related responsibilities
Join over 65,000 leaders and 450,000 members to share best practice and exchange ideas to lead change.
Get involved and train as a union representative and network with other members locally. Getting involved in your union is the best way to achieve change, both in working conditions and in education.
If you take a further step into senior leadership, our dedicated membership group NEU Leadership is there for you.