Welcome to Bradford NEU - the Union for all education staff
Bradford NEU is the local District of the National Education Union, the union for everybody working in schools to stand together to make schools a great place for us to work and students to learn. As your local District, we are your first point of school after your school Rep if you have any questions, need support, or want to get more involved in supporting your colleagues.
When you have difficult meetings in school, we can support you through the process.
Get in touch with us on 01274414664 or email@example.com if:
- You are contacted about a redundancy or a restructure.
- You are contacted about your school becoming an Academy, or changing Academy sponsor.
- You are asked to attend an investigation meeting or a disciplinary meeting.
- You think you have unfairly been denied pay progression and want to appeal.
- You are called to a Difficulties meeting or placed on a Support plan.
- There are any changes at school that you think are not fair.
The local District organises a number of events: as well as meetings of the membership to set our direction, we also put on social events for New and Young Educators; Education hustings in the runup to elections; training for Reps; and CPD events for Early Career Educators.
Other ways to find support
- Your school Rep. If you don't know who the NEU Rep(s) are in your school, ask your colleagues. If you do not have a Rep in your school, you can find out more about becoming a Rep - the role is not onerous, and can be shared between multiple people.
- You can contact the Yorkshire & Humber Regional office on 01302 342448 or using this email contact form.
- If you have an urgent concern where you think you might need the Union's support, you can call AdviceLine on 0345 811 8111 or use the email contact form.
The National Education Union is committed to bringing you the best professional development and union training.
Inappropriate, unhelpful and unnecessary: The headteachers’ verdict on Reception Baseline Assessment.
All the news from the first NEU Annual Conference, held in Liverpool
The more workplace based reps we have, the stronger the National Education Union will be. Why not become a rep in your school or college?