1. Remain professional and be aware of your social media policy – rule of thumb: don’t mention a pupil or parent by name, and only talk about what is happening in school/college in factual terms rather than emotive terms, avoiding naming individuals wherever possible.
2. Be considerate and respectful of each other and abide by the NEU Behaviour Statement.
3. Mute the group to prevent repeated notifications.
4. Avoid messaging late at night or very early in the morning.
5. Keep discussions relevant to school/college and union matters – individual conversations should happen outside of the group.
6. Do not share individuals’ comments or details with anyone outside of this group.'