The NEU Councillor Network is an information sharing initiative between the National Education Union and local councillors of all parties to shape the future of education.
On this page, you can:
Help us shape the future of education: be part of the National Education Union (NEU) Councillor network.
Being a member of our network will give you:
- Access to written briefings.
- Regular information about education issues.
- Access to our events for councillors.
- This network is for councillors from all political parties.
Please share this sign up form with any councillors you know.
If you would like to get in touch, please contact us via: email@example.com.
If you wish to unsubscribe at anytime from this network, please use the links provided in the emails you receive.
The NEU’s SEND Funding Campaign aims to ensure that this issue is kept in the public eye and the Government is forced to act on the concerns of local councillors, constituents, teachers and parents. Here are actions you can take to highlight this crucial issue in the upcoming weeks:
- Sign and publicise School Cuts’ online SEND petition. This could include retweets or adding a link to your council’s website.
- Write to Damian Hinds, Secretary of State for Education, encouraging him to lobby the Treasury on behalf of SEND children across the nation. Refer to the School Cuts open letter signed by 39 Local Authorities which calls for a rethink in SEND funding.
- Use our template to pass a motion on funding for children and young people.
London Councillors briefing
On Tuesday 3 July the NEU held a briefing and workshop for all London councillors on school funding. We spoke to Councillors about the impact of school cuts on schools in their ward and discussed how we can work together to win the funding schools deserve. Below are some photos from the event.