Thousands of parents, teachers and support staff took part in events across England to highlight the school funding crisis over a weekend of action in April.
The National Education Union and the other unions behind the School Cuts campaign, representing school leaders, teachers and support staff across the country, called on the Government to do the right thing and improve school funding urgently.
NEU joint general secretary Dr Mary Bousted, pictured above with Owen Jones and Schools Cuts campaigners, joined a stall in Pimlico, while NEU joint general secretary Kevin Courtney campaigned in Morley (pictured below).
School funding cuts are igniting concern across the country. We are with teachers, other staff and parents talking with the community - and getting great support. This crisis will deepen without Government investment schools need and that pupils, parents and communities deserve.
Here's a list of available guides, resources and useful links:
Organising meetings and events
- How do I... organise a community meeting? (pdf)
- How do I... organise an NEU meeting? (pdf)
- How do I... organise a local activist event? (pdf)
- Hosting your own School Cuts event? Let us know (contact form)
- A presentation on how cuts are affecting schools (PowerPoint)
Promoting meetings, banner drops and other activity
- Model press release (doc)
- Model letter to head teachers (doc)
- Model letter to governors (doc)
- Model letter to MPs (doc)
- Model letter to local political parties (doc)