It is recognised that school closure may have caused significant mental health difficulties for some children and some may have suffered a bereavement. Staff may be similarly affected.
Questions for reps to ask:
- What guidance will be given to staff on how to support children?
- What pastoral support services will be available?
- Does the school recognise its duties under health and safety law to protect the mental as well as physical health of staff?
- What plans are in place to ensure that this duty is applied?
- What counselling services are available for staff and pupils who may need support?
- How will the school monitor workload at this time to ensure a reasonable work/life balance for staff?
Are you satisfied that appropriate measures will be in place when the school begins to open more widely? Yes / No