Welcome to the Oxfordshire District and Branch web pages. Your local District and Branch Officers are:-
- Stuart Robinson (Joint District Secretary & Branch Secretary) - Facilities days Wednesday and Thursday; term time only
- Diane Wilson (Assistant Secretary) - Facilities days Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; term time only
- Lucy Coleman (Assistant Secretary) - Facilities day is Thursday; term time only
- Sarah Carter (Assistant Secretary and National Executive Member for District 8) - Facilities days Wednesdays and Thursday; term time only
- Leigh Seedhouse (Joint District Secretary and Treasurer) - Please Note that Leigh Seedhouse no longer undertakes facilities time or casework
All local officers are also serving teachers, so may well be unable to respond to your email/phone call immediately. Local Officers only undertake union work during term-time, as they are not employed by the NEU.
Therefore, if you require immediate support or support during the school holidays, please contact the NEU AdviceLine on 0345 811 8111 or use the email contact form.
Other ways to find support
Your first point of contact for advice and support is your workplace rep. The NEU website also has an extensive help and advice section, with a wealth of guidance covering the issues our members face at work.
You might find it quickest to use our A-Z listing.
If your query is not addressed in our advice information, you can contact us via the form on the webpage Employment AdviceLine | NEU or call us on 0345 811 8111. The phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am – 7pm, outside of these hours members can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire NEU is also part of the South East Region. Paid Officers, who are employed by the NEU, can be contacted via 01444 894500 or by using the email contact form.
We use email as our main form of regular local communication with NEU members in Oxfordshire. We aim to send E-bulletins to all our members at least once per month, and these will be uploaded to the webpage for reference. If you are not receiving emails it is either because your membership details do not contain a valid email address or you have previously unsubscribed from our mailing list. To receive emails:
- Please check your membership details by logging into My NEU and update your email address.
- If you are still not receiving local emails please contact us via email asking to be re-subscribed to the mailing list.
Campaigns and Documents
In this section of our webpage, you will be able to download and access posters/flyers/leaflets which will support workplace campaigns as well as providing you with useful information about any changes in education.
Meetings and CPD
We hold meetings for our members throughout the year. We hold at least 4 General Meetings throughout the year, and hold our AGM every May. We also aim to hold CPD courses. Oxfordshire NEU also has a committee, which meet at least 6 times a year. If you would be interested in joining the committee please email us.
- Facebook: - Oxfordshire Neu | Facebook
- Twitter: - @neuoxon
Whether you need guidance about your employment rights or help with problems such as workload, bullying or accidents at work, NEU members have access to a wealth of expertise.
The National Education Union represents the majority of teachers and education professionals in the UK.
NEU is one of the strongest and fastest growing education unions in the UK and much of our success is due to our enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working members.
The more workplace based reps we have, the stronger the National Education Union will be. Why not become a rep in your school or college?
We believe that members should have a contractual right to CPD with control over its content and dedicated time to research, learn with colleagues and to innovate.
The NEU Trust Fund Ltd is a charitable fund formed to give confidential support and financial assistance. It is there to assist members in times of illness or hardship.