Reps Foundation is a three-day course for newly elected reps or those who have not previously attended training. Please note! You must sign up to all 3 days! You have the legal right to reasonable paid time off to attend training in your new workplace rep role. Any problems with this please contact your Regional/Wales office.
It will enable you to:
- Develop the NEU presence in your workplace.
- Understand the challenges facing teachers and the NEU.
- Know your rights and the range of support available to you.
- Represent members individually and collectively.
- Negotiate with and influence management.
- Build campaigns in your workplace and community.
- Act as local NEU leader in your workplace.
For further advice on eligibility, negotiating release from work, or for assistance with access and expenses, please contact your regional office .