This course will help you develop the skills and confidence to represent members in a range of situations by focusing on representation in a disciplinary and a bullying/harassment grievance case.
This course is suitable for branch and district officers and those with responsibility for casework. Reps can attend if they have completed the Reps Foundation course
The course will:
- Develop your case management skills;
- Consider the right to be accompanied;
- Give you confidence when interviewing members;
- Develop your advocacy skills;
- Familiarise you with employment policies and procedures;
- Prepare you for a hearing and taking a case to the appeal stage; and
- Encourage you to deal with workplace issues collectively.
Once you have completed this module you can go on to complete a further three separate days of training on attendance management and capability, bargaining for equality, and redundancy/restructure/TUPE.