This course is for elected NEU health and safety representatives at workplace level and runs over five days or as a two-part course for 2.5 days.
The aims of this course are to:
- Brief you thoroughly on your role and rights as an NEU health and safety representative.
- Give you a clear understanding of the basic framework of health and safety law.
- Provide you with strategies for organising around the most commonly raised areas of health and safety in schools.
- Enable you to approach health and safety issues collectively.
- Make sure you know how you can get help from your union in representing your members when you need it; and.
- Equip you with the skills and knowledge to discharge your role effectively.