This course certificates participants as Accredited Representatives for Grievance and Disciplinary Hearings.
This course provides the skills and knowledge needed to effectively and confidently negotiate and represent members in a range of contexts. The course is split into two parts allowing participants to reflect on their learning and put into practice some of the strategies developed during the course.
Issues covered include:
- Managing cases effectively.
- Collective and individual representation.
- Principles of casework.
- Grievances procedures and disciplinary hearings.
- Capability and induction issues.
- Sickness and ill health.
- Settlement agreements; and.
- TUPE and Redundancy negotiations.