The NEU has partnered with EduCare a leading online training organisation for the education sector to offer a limited number of fully funded places for NEU members on their mental wellbeing in children and young people online course .
The course has been produced in partnership with Young Minds the leading charity for mental health and young people. The NEU already work closely with Young Minds on our classroom based courses. It looks at mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people and highlights some signs and symptoms, along with myths and the stigma associated with mental health issues. It provides advice for schools, individual teachers and other staff on how to support children with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
After completing this course you will:
- Understand what mental health is in the context of the mental health continuum.
- Be able to identify some common issues faced by young people with regard to mental health.
- Recognise some of the signs and symptoms that indicate mental health issues in young people.
- Understand key risk factors that make some young people vulnerable to mental health issues.
- Learn about protective factors that build resilience in young people and some of the myths and stigma surrounding mental health.
- Pick up practical advice to help you support young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing
The course has four modules, a 70% pass mark is needed to pass the course and download a certificate. It is CPD certified and fully funded by the NEU. If you register and do not take up your place we will withdraw your place and offer it to another member.
Please note after registering for this course, there may be a delay of up to 3 days before you get a link to log in.