This a three-part webinar by the Sex Education Forum for is a SEND specialist course is for PSHE leads, SENCO, teaching staff and members of the senior leadership team in special schools, and who support learners with additional and unique learning needs in mainstream schools.
The webinar considers specific challenges faced by learners with special educational needs and disabilities, and supports teachers and staff to create inclusive, accessible and needs-led relationships and sex education. This course is supported by a suite of tools and resources.
The webinar will:
- Explore the new legislation and what it means for schools, including guidance, Ofsted requirements, and safeguarding.
- Examine ways to facilitate consultation with staff, pupils and parents.
- Identify good practice and understand how to assess, monitor and evaluate teaching and learning in RSE.
- Explore teacher values and specific considerations for RSE in the SEND classroom.
- Increase teacher confidence in developing age appropriate curriculum for learners with SEND in primary and secondary settings, including what to teach and when, and how to answer learners’ questions.
Delegates must attend all three webinars.