This course is essential for all newly elected secretaries and any experienced secretaries who have not attended training. It is in two parts with a few months in between for participants to reflect on their learning and put into practice some of the strategies gained from the course.
The course will equip secretaries to carry out their core trade union duties including:
- effective collective representation.
- communicating with members.
- planning and preparation.
- building an effective district/branch; and.
- organising members and reps.