The NEU launched this Fund on Tuesday 14th April with a dedicated section on the C19 pages of the website and information to staff on the Advice Line and in regional/Wales offices.
Criteria and application process
· The Fund will provide grants to those members with no salary as a result of school closures – those on supply contracts/via agencies and on fixed term contracts that have not been renewed as a result of the C19 crisis
· Grants are intended to provide a small cushion for urgent payments pending access to state benefits or re-engagement
· The Fund is separate from the NEU Trust Fund, the charity which also provides grants to members. The application process for Trust Fund grants is a longer and more detailed process
· online application process - postal applications cannot be accepted
· applicants will be required to provide evidence of the need for support. This will include details of income, expenditure and savings including bank statements for the last three months
· applications will be assessed by a panel including Executive, local officers and senior and regional/Wales officials
Applicants will need to be
· in-service members of the NEU with a minimum of 12 months’ continual membership before the date of the application. or NQ0/NQ1 with an active Direct Debit;
· Live in a household with less than £5,000 in savings and realisable assets
Members will send their application forms initially to their Branch Secretary to ensure that our local officers are involved in the process and aware of their members' needs. Branch Secretaries will simply forward the application to the hardship fund email address.
You could also contact the Barnsley District Treasurer Roy Bowser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org