A seminar for teachers, teaching assistants, students, governors on how to challenge sexism in our schools.
NEU offer for 2020/2021
As the education union, NEU, (and our leadership section, NEU Leaders) is committed to offering “byte-sized” learning opportunities to schools / school managements in circumstances where CPD budgets are tight or non-existent. CPD and learning should be effective and impact on your practice.
NEU’s winter 2020 programme can deliver ‘small byte’ practical learning in school or at home. These NEU “byte-sized” CPD chunks are aimed at facilitating short-form learning, for instance, at INSET or Staff Development Days, within PPA time – or anywhere by arrangement. Schools can arrange to secure a session for their senior leadership team (SLT).
Joining courses does not require NEU membership. There are no course fees and the courses are designed to encourage remote access during the Covid-19 period. Please contact the NEU NI Regional Office or call 028 9078 2020 for more information.
Find a course:
Click to scroll to the relevant section, then find a course.
The NEU spring webinar was held on Thursday, 25 February at 6:00pm.
Byte-sized leadership courses
NEU can directly provide a range of courses to your School / College (as staff training or at ‘INSET’ days, for instance):
- Resolving workplace disputes: Handling discipline and grievance, early conciliation and mediation
- Managing investigations: A quick, checklist guide
- Managing critical conversations and managing performance
- Managing sickness absence
- Managing disability in the workplace: An introduction to the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995
- Aspiring school leaders: Applying for your first VP/P post: This course is suitable for all NEU members applying for their first vice-principal or principal post. It will assist you in filling in the application form and interview techniques.
For more information, please email Alastair Donaghy.
Teaching and non-teaching staff
NEU can offer school staff:
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Variation of Contract, Flexible working
- Planning for Retirement, Understanding your pension
- Teachers Pensions: Understanding the changes
For more information, please contact the NEU NI Regional Office or phone 028 9078 2020
Classroom assistant programme
NEU are offering classroom assistant members and educational support staff members a 50% training discount voucher towards the first 3 modules of an exciting programme of learning offered by Stranmillis University College.
The modules of the Stranmillis Classroom Assistant Programme are:
- Supporting the Child’s social learning, resilience and well-being
- Planning for the learning support role of the assistant
- Teaching and the law on inclusion
- Schools and colleges as organisations
- Creating a safe learning environment for all
Full details of the course can be found here.