Welcome to the professional community of NEU Leadership on Guild. Here you can find out more about this exclusive offer for leadership members only and how to join.
What is the NEU Leadership Community Guild App?
The Leadership Community App is a positive, professional messaging space that supports NEU Leaders to connect with each other. The app is hosted by Guild, a secure private digital platform that is easy to use and GDPR compliant. Curated by the NEU, the app is a safe space for leadership members to ask questions and offer support to fellow leaders across the union. The platform allows you to introduce yourself to other leadership members in the community to offer support, share best practice and shape the future of education.
Let other leaders know about the community and encourage them to make contributions. We hope you can add value whilst also receiving value by being a part of this group!
What is the purpose of the NEU Leadership community group?
The NEU Leadership community is a space for you to:
- Connect, learn from, and collaborate with other leaders in education
- Discuss challenges, seek advice, share ideas and support each other
- Raise and discuss local and national issues that are not helpful in education
- Campaign and influence collectively for a better education system for all
- Provide experiences and stories to inform NEU policy development and direction
- Encourage each other to actively get involved in the work of the union
- Build local and national leadership networks to minimise feelings of isolation
Who is this leadership community for?
This community is for NEU Senior Leaders comprising of:
- Headteachers and principals
- Deputy headteachers and vice principals
- Assistant headteachers and assistant principals
- Head of centres, schools and post 16 colleges
- Leaders in the FE and Independent sector
- Executive headteachers
- Leaders of MATs
- Directors and assistant directors of education
- Business managers, bursars and FE finance managers
Who else is involved?
The professional community space is led and driven by NEU leaders to motivate and inspire other leadership members. Guild will work in partnership with a small number of NEU staff, and NEU Leaders joining the community to promote positive connections to benefit education and the education profession. NEU staff will from time to time post upcoming events and information that may be of interest to leaders.
How can leaders join the Guild Leadership Community?
There are just four steps to join the Leadership Guild Community.
1. In the first instance there is the registration process which can be done on-line via laptop/desktop or by downloading the app.
- Online via laptop/desktop
- Download the app:
2. Once registered, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request to join the NEU Community.
The Leadership Guild platform is exclusive to NEU members. It is a safe space for leaders to connect and share their experiences and expertise. We want to ensure that our members have access to the app by e-mailing a request to join.
3. Following the request, a link will be sent to your e-mail address in a few days. Click on the link to join the leadership community.
4. After joining the Guild platform, you will see a welcome message which sets out the purpose of the community group and who is involved. The NEU Behaviour Statement can also be found here and explains the expectations for the group. We ask that leaders add their photo and complete the profile section to introduce themselves. This allows fellow leaders to see who you are, where you are on your leadership journey, and build rapport and trust!!
Once leaders have joined the community, they can add a comment or ask a question on the platform. Click on an existing topic to continue the conversation or start a new topic by clicking ‘NEW CONVERSATION’.
Does Guild give me access to individual support?
Leaders have found the facility of direct messaging on a one-to-one basis with a fellow peer an additional benefit. This allows members to raise queries and concerns that may be otherwise difficult to share on the larger platform. A member can direct message (DM) another leader by clicking on their photo. The phrase ‘NEW DIRECT MESSAGE’ will appear and communication created here can only be seen between two members.
Join and collaborate with other leadership members to network, offer peer support and build the union movement. Register now for the Guild app and request to join the exclusive NEU Leadership Community.