This masterclass is aimed at teachers from EYFS to KS3 from across settings.
Using the concept of the pedagogy of poverty as a starting point, Hywel Roberts will offer a practical and thoughtful day around using narratives and stories to help children invest in a knowledge-rich curriculum.
Hywel will share a model that will support teachers with their planning and will offer tried and tested examples from his own practice.
The course will:
- Develop practice
- Support teachers in looking at the pedagogy around their curriculum offer
- Model case study examples of a rich pedagogical approach
- Build awareness of how storytelling can support children in investing in a topic
- How bold questioning can help the development of positive relationships
- Rediscover the adventures that lie in the curriculum
- Ensure children will make progress
The day will demonstrate how children can be protected into key curriculum content through the use of narrative enquiry and research-informed ‘warm’ pedagogy.
The day will be thoughtful, engaging, practical and reflective.