This course is the first step in planning for an effective, compliant and inclusive programme in your school.
Participants will work individually and in groups to audit existing provision and review the components of good quality relationships and sex education for KS3-4. Participants will explore the implications of statutory status and work with colleagues to identify realistic, achievable goals for their school. The session will be interactive, with opportunities to practice different approaches and trial a range of quality assured resources.
Participants will be able to:
- Brief colleagues on new legislation, guidance and Ofsted requirements, including safeguarding.
- Identify good practice and understand how to assess, monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
- Review and update existing provision in line with new legislation .
- Facilitate consultation with staff, pupils and parents .
- Apply a range of resources and approaches to ensure Relationships Education is inclusive and needs-led.
Who is this course for?
- teaching staff.
- support staff.
- members of the senior leadership team.