The most common queries NEU members have on pay for leadership teachers in schools and academies.
- This guide gives advice to leaders on how their pay progression system works.
- A summary of the childcare disqualification arrangements operating from 31 August 2018.
- Like others on the way to gaining QTS, you may be feeling anxious about your legal position while in the classroom. This brief summary should help you understand your rights and responsibilities.
- Who is protected from sexual orientation discrimination, and the first steps you should take if you think you have been discriminated against at work.
- Who is protected from harassment on grounds of sexual orientation, and the first steps you should take if you think you have been harassed at work.
In the last few years there has been much work done, raising awareness and increasing the visibility of transgender issues. This advice aims to helps school and college staff support gender variant or questioning students in the educational environment.
The NEU Trans Equality Toolkit provides information for education staff on transitioning in school/college.
- As teachers and school staff often work on their own, there are some key health and safety issues that employers must consider.
- NEU advice on risks of lone working and what can be done to counter them.
- It is common for teachers to offer private tuition to students. Before doing so, there are several important issues to consider, such as legal and insurance protection and health and safety issues.