How to negotiate on pay and other forms of remuneration in the independent sector, with some relevance to Further Education workplaces or academies where there is collective bargaining.
- Ten bullet points on independent sector collective bagaining.
- Details about your employment rights in independent schools in England, Wales and Scotland.
- As private businesses outside the national collective bargaining structure in the maintained sector, independent schools have greater freedom to set their own terms and conditions of employment.
Guidance on pay and conditions when working in the independent sector.
- How to achieve a union recognition agreement in the independent sector.
- What you should know before you start your induction, the support you should expect during the induction programme, your timetable, raising concerns and professional development.
- What to expect from classroom observations as a trainee teacher, including feedback, professional reviews and formal assessment meetings.
- Advice to NEU members
- NEU advice to members who are head teachers and principals.
- Solidarity is a key trade union value. The NEU stands in solidarity with the many teachers around the world who are unable to carry out their vocation as they languish in prison, simply because they are trade unionists.