The NEU offers a wide range of benefits and services to members.
We are the NEU: join us
Listen to Kevin Courtney and Mary Bousted, Joint General Secretaries of the NEU, explain why the NEU is the union for you.
How much does it cost?
We calculate your membership fees depending on your working hours and workplace role. Membership is free for students and greatly reduced for newly qualified and new members. See our membership rates.
Benefits and rewards
- The NEU is a campaigning union with a clear vision of what our education system should look like. Together, we will shape the future of education for the benefit of teachers, support staff, leaders and pupils.
- Equality is at the heart of our union, to ensure that its members have a voice in the union, in the classroom and in broader society, and do not face barriers to promotion, representation or participation.
- A network of workplace representatives and a dedicated national AdviceLine with professionals advisers if you experience issues at work.
- A fantastic range of national and local CPD courses for all our members
- Free membership magazine.
- Free insurance protection and cover for everything from personal accidents, to loss of or damage to property, including teaching equipment and personal effects.
- We offer a wide range of exclusive money-saving benefits and services for NEU members. See our benefits and rewards to see what's on offer.
Other ways to join
If you don't want to join online there are other ways you can join the National Education Union and take advantage of our great membership offers.
By post - download application form below
- All members application form
- Trainees and students application form
- Newly qualified teachers application form
Completed application form should be returned in the FREE POST envelope attached to the form.