What is the IET?
The IET inspires, informs and influences the global engineering community to engineer a better world. They have an incredible global reach with over 158,000 members, 350+ partners, and a volunteer network of over 4,000 engineering and technology professionals all supporting outreach programmes.
The IET have strong ties with universities, and primary and secondary schools across the UK. They promote the exchange of information and ideas for the advancement of STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) to inspire the next generation.
Why the IET?
The IET’s Teacher Membership provides unique opportunities to take your STEM teaching to the next level, and they’ve discounted it just for NEU members - so you’ll pay just £30 for the whole year.
Join today to start enjoying these benefits:
- Access to networking opportunities with IET Academic, Corporate and Enterprise Partners
- Links with industry contacts to help with finding engineers for school visits or to support the provision of student work experience through links with local industry
- Links with universities to support students wishing to study STEM subjects
- Access to life skills and professional development courses to support your own CPD. You can even track it through IET Career Manager
- Access to IET online communities, including a STEM teachers community and discussion forum
- Thousands of STEM videos at your fingertips on a variety of topics, with searchable content through iet.tv, the IET’s own video archive
- Access to the digital edition of IET’s award-winning E&T Magazine
- As an IET Associate member, you can use their venues: IET London: Savoy Place and IET Birmingham: Austin Court and access their extensive technical library, both online and in-person at Savoy Place.
IET education resources and programmes
As well as IET member benefits, their in-house team, along with partner organisations, provide a wide range of curriculum-linked resources and programmes that support teaching across all key stages.
- IET Faraday Challenge Days and FIRST® LEGO® League competitions, designed to help children develop real world problem solving, teamwork and communication skills
- Scholarships and funding support for engineering projects and activities in schools
- Access to IET Education Officers and Ambassadors - trained and engaging professionals of all ages and from all walks of life, ready to help inspire the young people in your classroom
- A wide range of teaching resources including posters, handouts, videos, classroom presentations, case studies, themed resources and more.
IET STEM Teacher membership costs just £30 per year (discounted from £170.00)
Find out more and sign up today.
Simply go to theiet.org/teacher and complete the online form, and the IET will be in touch.