The event is open to all members.
There will be two themes for the day:
Morning theme: Launching and using the It’s Not OK: Ending Sexism and Sexual harassment toolkit to end sexism and sexual harassment in schools.
Afternoon theme: Organising for change in the workplace.
Hear from NEU activists who have run successful campaigns.
Speakers include Professor EJ Renold, Cardiff University and education experts leading the way in research and pedagogical practice
Workshops and debates will cover:
- What works to end sexism and sexual harassment in schools?
- Organising: A whole school approach to ending sexism in schools.
- Working with boys and young men to end sexual harassment.
- How to organise around women’s issues.
- Consulting and listening to students to design your relationship and sex education (RSE).
There is limited overnight accommodation for delegates the night before. There will also be a creche facility available on site which must be booked in advance, if you would like to use the creche please contact Kat Griffin. You must register to attend.