Election for deputy general secretary
The election for the Deputy General Secretary closed at midday on 29 October 2021 and Niamh Sweeney was duly elected. The full report of the Independent Scrutineer, Civica, is available here. A breakdown of the results is avialable here.
Vice president (x2): 1 September 2022 - 31 August 2026 and treasurer and membership & equalities officer - 1 September 2022 - 31 August 2024
The Executive have agreed the election timetable for the two Vice-Presidents, Treasurer and Membership & Equalities Officer, which is set out below -
- 1 September 2021 - Call for nominations via the e-Bulletin
- 1 November 2021 - Nominations open
- 15 December 2021 - Close of Nominations
- 22 December 2021 - Deadline for withdrawal of Nominations
- 1 February 2022 - Elections open
- 1 March 2022 - Elections close (midday)
Nominations for these elections have now closed and the following candidates have been nominated:
Membership and Equalities Officer
Hazel Danson was elected unopposed as National Treasurer.
Voting will open on 1 February 2022.
Election for District 11 By-Election: 12 January 2022 – 31 August 2023
The election for the above by-election closed at midday Wednesday 12 January 2022 and Helen Reeder was duly elected. The full report from the Independent Scrutineer can be found at: 22-001_GSO - D11 By-Election Results.docx (sharepoint.com)
Election for District 6 By-Election (x2) (one woman guarded seat): 2022 – 31 August 2023
Nominations for the above by-election opened on 14 January 2022. The timetable to elect to the two vacancies in District 6 (one for a guarded woman candidate) will be as follows:
- 14 January 2022 - Nominations open
- 25 February 2022 - Close of Nominations (midnight)
- 4 March 2022 - Deadline for withdrawal of Nomination/ Election Statements
- 11 March 2022 - Election opens
- 1 April 2022 - Election closes (midday)
The independent scrutineer appointed to oversee the elections is Civica (formerly ERBS). Any queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The independent scrutineer reports on all elections Reports can be requested via email@example.com or by writing to:
Assistant General Secretary