This training will build on your understanding of metacognition and how to develop pupils’ awareness of their learning, strategies to learn more effectively and how to regulate their learning. You will take away strategies to embed metacognitive development into your teaching and ways to record pupil thinking.
- Building your and your pupils’ understanding of metacognition and awareness of themselves as learners.
- Teaching metacognitive strategies and self-regulation.
- Developing pupil’s ability to plan, monitor, and evaluate their learning.
- Creating pupil independency to organise and manage their learning.
- Creating a metacognitive learning environment.
- The principles of ensuring consistent practice for the development of metacognition in schools, colleges and universities
Who this course is for
- Support staff
- Subject Leaders/ Managers