Participants will work individually and in groups to audit existing provision and review the components of good quality relationships and sex education for KS3-4. Participants will explore the implications of statutory status and work with colleagues to identify realistic, achievable goals for their school. The session will be interactive, with opportunities to practice different approaches and trial a range of quality assured resources. This course is supported by a suite of tools to ensure that RSE provision meets the needs of all pupils and involves the whole school community.
Participants will be able to:
- Brief colleagues on new legislation, guidance and Ofsted requirements, including safeguarding
- Identify good practice and understand how to assess, monitor and evaluate teaching and learning
- Review and update existing provision in line with new legislation
- Facilitate consultation with staff, pupils and parents
- Apply a range of resources and approaches to ensure Relationships Education is inclusive and needs-led
Who is this course for?
- teaching staff
- support staff
- members of the senior leadership team.