- Women’s Aid | womensaid.org.uk | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- The National Domestic Violence helpline on 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Freephone 24h National Domestic Abuse Helpline, run by Refuge on 0808 247 2000, or visit www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- In Scotland, contact Scotland’s 24 hour Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline: 0800 027 1234
- In Northern Ireland, contact the 24 hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline: 0808 802 1414
- In Wales, contact the 24 hour Life Fear Free Helpline on 0808 80 10 800.
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327
- Respect helpline (for anyone worried about their own behaviour): 0808 802 0321
The outbreak of Covid- 19 leaves many women and girls in vulnerable and unsafe situations.
We know that during periods of confinement domestic abuse (a crime mostly impacting women and girls) tends to increase, and that the healthcare and educational settings that offer a way of identifying this issue will be under unprecedented pressure.
Services to support women and girls will remain open during this difficult time.
Resources on violence against women and girls