Support for women experiencing violence and abuse
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
Refuge are running a 24h National Domestic Abuse Helpline which is free and confidential.
Women’s Aid have developed additional advice specifically designed for the current coronavirus outbreak. You can also find your local domestic abuse service on their website. Support helplines are also available in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Women’s Aid Online Chat Service: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Survivor’s Handbook: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/
- Survivor’s Forum: https://survivorsforum.womensaid.org.uk/
Wales - Live Fear Free (24 hour) Helpline
In Wales, contact the 24-hour Live Fear Free Helpline:
- Helpline:0808 80 10 800
- Text Support 07860 077 333
- Website https://www.welshwomensaid.org.uk/ or https://gov.wales/live-fear-free/domestic-abuse-wales
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scotland-Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline
In Scotland, contact Scotland’s 24-hour Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage helpline:
Northern Ireland - Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline
In Northern Ireland contact the 24 hour Domestic & Sexual Violence helpline:
- Helpline: 0808 802 1414
- Text Support: 07797 805 839
- Email: email@example.com
LGBT+ Specialist Services
Galop runs the National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse specialist helpline.
BME specialist services
Imkaan is a women’s organisation addressing violence against black and minority women and girls.
Supporting victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage.
Latin American Women’s Rights Service (LAWRS)
Advocacy, information and support for migrant women provided in English, Spanish and Portuguese:
- Helpline: 0771 928 1714
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.lawrs.org.uk/violencia-domestica-durante-el-aislamiento
Southall Black Sisters
Southall Black Sisters offer specialist support, advocacy and information to Asian and Afro-Caribbean women suffering abuse.
- Phone: 0208 571 9595/020 8571 0800
- Website: https://southallblacksisters.org.uk
- Email email@example.com
Disability specialist services
These services are run by deaf and/or disabled people.
Stay Safe East
Stay Safe East provides specialist and holistic advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse.
- Phone: 0208 519 7241
- Website: http://staysafe-east.org.uk
- SMS/Text: 0758 7134 122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SignHealth provides domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL).
- Telephone: 020 3947 2601
- WhatsApp or Facetime: 07970 350366
- Website: https://signhealth.org.uk
- Email: email@example.com
Hestia provides a free mobile app, Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
- Phone: 020 7378 3100
- Website: https://www.hestia.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mobile App: email@example.com
Chayn provides online help and resources in a number of languages about identifying manipulative situations and how friends can support those being abused.
- Website: https://chayn.co/
Respect is a helpline that has been set up for anyone worried about their own behaviour. If you are worried about hurting the ones you love while staying at home, call the Respect Phoneline for support.
- Helpline: 0808 8024040
- Website: https://respectphoneline.org.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more advice and guidance on domestic abuse, please see Domestic abuse: how to get help.